54gene, Kobo360, myFanPark, Sokowatch among 12 startups to win AppsAfrica Awards 2020
54gene, Kobo360, myFanPark and Sokowatch have been named among the 12 winners of AppsAfrica Awards 2020. The awards celebrates the best startups in mobile and tech from across Africa.
The AppsAfrica Awards strive to showcase leading ventures from across the continent each year and provide winners with industry recognition, global publicity, and potential investment. AppsAfrica Winners are also invited to join Africa Tech Summit in 2021 connecting with tech leaders, corporates, and investors at next year’s African and European Summits.
The sixth edition of the awards attracted over 500 submissions from 51 countries, with solutions launched by start-ups, established ventures, and corporates and for the first time were held online. Judging for the 12 categories was assessed by an independent panel of industry experts including media, investors, and leaders from the tech ecosystem.
AppsAfrica Awards 2020 Winners are:
- Disruptive Innovation Award – 54gene (Nigeria)
- HealthTech Award – Envisionit Deep AI (South Africa / UK)
- Best African App – Carry1st for Gebeta (South Africa)
- Cybersecurity Award – Sendmarc (South Africa)
- Blockchain Award Luno (United Kingdom/South Africa
- Media & Entertainment – myFanPark (South Africa/Nigeria)
- EdTech Award – Xhuma (South Africa)
- Agri & FoodTech Award – ComX (Nigeria)
- FinTech Award – Beyonic (Uganda)
- Social Impact – Envisionit Deep AI (South Africa / UK)
- eCommerce Award – Sokowatch (Kenya)
- Mobility Award – Kobo360 (Nigeria)
Andrew Fassnidge, Founder, AppsAfrica.com: “This year saw a large increase of entries from sectors currently booming due to the effects of the pandemic, including HealthTech, Edtech, Gaming, Fintech, eCommerce and many Covid19 related entries with many great investment opportunities across the continent. Congratulations to all the AppsAfrica Awards winners we look forward to seeing them at Africa Tech Summit next year. A special word of thanks to all the entrants, our expert judging panel, sponsors and supporting partners across Africa who help make this happen.”